This has been our go-to recipe for salmon for a long time, mainly because it is so easy and we usually have what we need in the house. It adds very subtle flavors. I think the original inspiration may have come from Bon Appetit a long time ago. Theirs was in the oven, but in practice, I often do this on the grill.
- 1-2 lbs of salmon had 1.5 lbs today... that was ample for 2 adults, one salmon-crazed kid and one picky eater.
- 4-8 stems of rosemary
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 lemons thinly sliced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat grill on high or oven to 500 F
- For the grill, make a foil tray, large enough for all the fish
- Arrange about 1/2 the rosemary on the tray
- Spread sliced red onion on top of rosemary.
- Drizzle some olive oil around.
- Place salmon, skin down, on top of onions and add salt and pepper.
- Arrange more rosemary on top of fish
- Top with the lemon slices and more olive oil.
- Grill for about 15 minutes, until just cooked through.